1. Mobile Seva is an innovative initiative aimed at mainstreaming mobile governance in the country. It is a countrywide m-Governance initiative launched by MeitY, to enable all departments and agencies at the Centre, State and Local levels in the country to deliver services through mobiles phones.
2. A dedicated 'Mobile Seva AppStore' (www.apps.mgov.gov.in) is a part of Mobile Seva platform of MeitY to provide various mobile services through a single window especially for the government departments. The AppStore is hosting more than 950 live apps from various domains and categories of public services. Uploading and downloading of apps are free of cost and hassle free. Only verified and signed APK files can be uploaded on the AppStore. Also, the number of downloads can be tracked for each app. The AppStore also has auto update facility for the users.
3. 'Mobile Seva AppStore' is India's first indigenously developed AppStore with a very wide reach amongst the people. Central, State and UT Ministries/ Departments are already part of this platform. MeitY has now proposed to open the platform for hosting apps developed by the private developers as well for hosting applications related to Government services and other important public services.
4. In this regard, 'Mobile Seva AppStore' invites proposals for hosting mobile apps from private developers which have been developed for Government services or other important public services related to health, education, agriculture, financial, online payments, electoral services, social welfare, food, transport, energy, etc.
5. The guidelines and policy for the hosting of apps may be referred at www.mgov.gov.in under resources section.