UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD) to drive Mobile Governance in India.
UMANG provides a single platform to access major pan India e-Gov services from Central and State Government Departments and also Utility Bill payment services.
● Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on a single platform.
● Mobile First Strategy: It aligns all government services with the mobile first strategy to leverage mobile adoption trends.
● Uniform Experience: Provide easy discoverability of services, easy manageability and standardization of service delivery.
● Multilingual: Provide multilingual support covering official Indian languages(12), in addition to English.
UMANG provides easy access to a various government services – Services from the following sectors are available on UMANG and many more are in the pipeline :- Health, Banking and Finance, Education, Transport, Employment and Skills, Public Grievance, Agriculture, Social Security and Pensioners, Utility etc.
Benefits for Citizens:
● All government services are available for citizens on a unified platform for easy access through multiple online and offline channels (SMS, email, app, and web).
● Only a single mobile app needs to be installed instead of each app of each department.
● Citizens do not even need to install or update the app again to avail government services if more services are added to the platform.
● Citizens can anytime and anywhere avail these services through their mobile phones and desktops/laptops without any need for visiting the department office and standing in queues.
All the government services including payment-based transactions provide secure and uniform experience.